I haven’t been able to work since my car was hit by a truck in New York. Can I get compensation for my loss of pay?

Yes, you can get compensation. Whether or not you’ll get full compensation is a different question, because under the No Fault Law in New York, the insurance company of the vehicle that you occupy at the time of the accident has to pay 80% of your lost wages, but only up to $2,000 a month, unless you have additional coverage. If the accident was caused by the negligence of the other driver, then you can sue for that extra loss of wage, full loss of wage, if you can prove that the other driver was negligent in causing the accident and causing your disability. There’s really a two part process there. First, your No Fault benefits, up to $2,000 a month, and then the negligent driver’s insurance, liability insurance for the difference beyond that, up to your full lost wages.

Tomkiel eBook

Don’t Let The Insurance Companies Take Advantage of You!
Find out what you should do to protect your rights — and what you must not do so you don’t hurt your case!

We will send you our FREE E-booklet without any obligation to help you obtain full, fair and just compensation for your injuries.

    Enter Email to Receive your Free E-booklet