Despite hardhats and caution signs, traumatic head injuries are extremely prevalent on construction sites.
Any time you are working on a construction site with heavy machinery or on New York high rises, brain and head injuries are a real concern. Hardhats are required to be worn at all times on a construction site, but there’s only so much a hard hat can protect from a two-ton beam. With that said if you have suffered a head or brain injury on a construction site, you should consult with a Westchester brain injury lawyer today to discuss filing an accident claim.
Types of head injuries commonly found in construction site accidents:
- Closed Injury: Closed head injuries are severe blows to your head that do not crack open your skull or pierce brain tissue. Closed injuries can cause swelling, bruising and could result in time off of work.
- Open Injury: An open head injury is one that penetrates the skull. This could result in skull fractures or bleeding from your brain.
- Concussion: When your brain has been severely shaken, like in a concussion, it can cause loss of consciousness, lightheadedness or severe headaches.
- Scalp Wounds: Scalp wounds are when you have cuts, scrapes or piercing of the skin that surrounds your skull. This can cause bleeding or tissue damage.
- Traumatic Brain Injury: TBI’s occur when a blow to the head disorders normal functions of the brain. This is commonly found in construction site accidents.
Other Places Head Injuries Can Occur
Head and Brain injuries do not just happen on construction sites. If you have suffered a head injury as the result of an accident at work, in a car or from a slip and fall, a Westchester construction accident lawyer can protect your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve. Call us today!
Protection for Construction Workers in Scaffold & Ladder accidents
Head injuries are commonly caused by a scaffold or ladder accident on construction sites. Construction workers are protected from Scaffold and Ladder accidents under the New York Law 240. Click here for more information on accidents involving scaffolds on construction sites.
Let Our Westchester Construction Accident Attorneys Help Protect You
Originally from Yonkers, Tomkiel & Tomkiel will work with you to obtain fair compensation for your work-related injuries after an accident. Our Westchester construction accident lawyers have a reputation for helping our clients receive full rewards for benefits in workers compensation cases and third party law-suits. From investigation to verdict, you can trust Tomkiel & Tomkiel with your personal injury case.