Can I file a brain injury lawsuit on behalf of a loved one?

If you have the proper relationship to the injured party and if the injured party is not able to pursue the case on his or her own. For instance, a minor child or an individual who has suffered such a bad injury that they’re no longer competent, you may be able to sue on behalf of that person. If you’re the parent and natural guardian, absolutely. If the child is a minor, meaning under 18 in New York, if the person is debilitated, then a court appointed guardian would be able to sue on behalf of the incapacitated adult. Usually, that would be a very close relative. If you are a close relative, you can apply to be appointed the guardian for that purpose and it should be granted.

Tomkiel eBook

Don’t Let The Insurance Companies Take Advantage of You!
Find out what you should do to protect your rights — and what you must not do so you don’t hurt your case!

We will send you our FREE E-booklet without any obligation to help you obtain full, fair and just compensation for your injuries.

    Enter Email to Receive your Free E-booklet